Monday, October 19, 2009

Zoo, Leaves, and Scott's B-day!

Well we finally had our first field trip this year to the zoo! Just a few little high lights from that:

Here is the new baby elephant Zuri! Sooo stinkin' cute! We got there at breakfast time so all the animals were pretty active!

I have never enjoyed the penguins so much! This one little penguin(if you look close you can see it) Followed this zoo keeper around everywhere! It was so funny. He was jumping off rocks, at one point he walked right up to her and cocked his head to the side and so she bent down and petted it on the head. It was so cute! Come to find out later she actually raised that perticular penguin.


The momma and baby giraffe. They were a little timid to come outside so we went inside to see them. The dad however came right up to me outside and let me pet it!! I love giraffe's this is the 3rd time I got to pet one! One time it actually licked my hand!
For Scott's birthday he wanted to go see "Where the Wild Things Are" But that wasn't until 4:40pm. So he decided to kill time he wanted to go up the canyon and take some pretty fall pictures, since we tried on my B-day but got up there to late at night. It was so beautiful! There is nothing at the top of the canyon anymore because of the snow storms but it sure is beautiful down near the bottom!
This is my all time favorite picture that we took!


This spot was funny seeing scott stumble over the rocks in ten seconds and get ready for a picture!!

Awe pretty!


Scott wanted to take one of just me in front of a little water fall.

After the movie (which was kind of an interesting one) we went and got a pizza at pier 49 and then came home and us and my parents played us a game of Settelers of Catan!! We love this game.....(except that I have been winning a lot lately and it doesn't make Scott very happy...)
But Scott also wanted me to make him an apple pie instead of a cake for his birthday so with Scott mom's fancey apple peeler and my mom's already made and then frozen pie crust..he he he...ok so I cheated a little, I made a yum, yum, yummy pie for my hubby! Notice the design in it!!

Happy birthday Scott! I hope you had a wonderful day! I love you!

2 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa said...

Cute pictures. It still takes some talent to make a good pie even if the pie crust was already made. You still have to roll it out etc. and make the filling. Good job. How about another game of Settlers some time? Mom

Michele said...

I loved the pictures and I love you!