Tuesday, July 28, 2009

24th of July Weekend Fun!

We had a blast this past weekend with all of our fun activities that were going on. First off Friday morning we went up and watched the parade downtown. I love the parade and it just doesn't seem like the 24th if I don't do...even if my bum is killing me by the end. We then came home had a nap and went to the bees game, which turned out not to be a Bees game because the opposing team didn't show up. It turned out to be fun anyway though. They did a home run derby then the two all star high school teams of the state played a 6 inning game, and then we got the most amazing fireworks show I think I've ever seen. Plus they gave us a voucher for 2 more Bees games, 1 Preseason Jazz game, and 1 time at the Larry Miller motor sports park per person because the other team didn't show. Not to shaby if I do say so myself.

Here's us with my little shadow Juliana. She wouldn't let me out of her sight the whole night! It was really cute!

Issybelle and Juliana the best of buds! Issybelle was so cute whatever snack she had, the whole night she would bring me some. What a good sharer.

Mom and Dad. Jake had asked the Bees to put up a sign for them during the game that said Welcome home Elder and Sister Smith, since originally this game was supposed to be 6 days after their homecoming, we all still cheered!

Scott trying to be sneaky. We couldn't afford any snacks so he thought he needed to mooch off of everyone else. He's trying to steal some of Michele's peanuts. They absolutly love him though so it doesn't matter. They brought him a Dr. Pepper later in the game....psh.

Saturday we went to the Zoo with Scott's family for Sandra's birthday. We had a blast there too! This is us in the gift shop trying on masks.
Ellie and Nathan trying on masks with us.

Me and Scott...ahh precious moments!

I was thirsty

The elephant show...not all that exciting . This is the pregnant one. Her baby is due in like 3 weeks just FYI if you are planning a future trip wait til she's born and call and find out what time they will be showing her off at.

Jen playing pick-a-boo with Erin at the bird show. Super cute!

This is Nathan in front of this huge fan that was blowing out water mixed with the air. he he he...look at his face and tell me that isn't a kid who is always having fun!
Last but not least I thought this was the perfect picture to end my post at the end of the month of our Independence Day! I hope it will help us remember the principles of which this Nation was founded on. It's hard to remember those things when you see the news and hear about all the troubling things of today. But let us remember and never forget that this land is a land of promise that was founded "Under God" And let us ever be grateful for where we live!

1 comments:

Michele said...

You're so cute. I love the pic with Scott stealing from me, my head is even turned away. Cracked me up. Good job.